The Yocto-Knob device provides easy reading of 5 input buttons, contacts, switches or potentiometers (knobs) from USB. It is a kind of USB analog-to-digital converter (adc). It can also be used to read any analog resistive sensor, such as photodiodes.
On the device, 5 tiny LEDs constantly show the value of the 5 inputs, and 5 micro-switches connected in parallel to the inputs simplify the testing of your project.
This device can be connected directly to an Ethernet network using a YoctoHub-Ethernet, to a WiFi network using a YoctoHub-Wireless-g, it can even be connected to a GSM network thanks to the YoctoHub-GSM.
USB cables and enclosure to be ordered separately.
Android™ app Valarm Pro v1.1.0 includes support for the incredibly fun and useful Yocto-Knob sensor! You can use these sensors/switches/dials to trigger alerts and/or record the conditions of a variety of cool stuff you might need to monitor. All without any programming: just configure Valarm on the host Android and away you go. Here are some ideas:
- Monitor any equipment with LED status lamps
- Monitor and alert you to the level of fluid (water) in a reservoir or tank (either in fifths, or with e-tape)
- Monitor burglar-alarm switches on doors and windows
- Alert you of flooding/presence of water on the floor or in a tub
- The lights go out unexpectedly in your indoor hydroponic garden
- Measure how far open a door or flap is (this is how the MAF sensor in some cars works)
- How many times your dog goes in and out the pet door every day
- Alert you when your laptop comes and goes from its stand, how much milk is left in the fridge, or anything else that might exert pressure/weight.
- Many, many more possibilities!
See http://valarm.net/yoctopuce for more information.
Now available: HowTo tutorial for using the Yocto-Knob with Valarm for Flood Alerts and Water Detection! http://www.valarm.net/blog/use-valarm-sensor-for-flood-warning-and-water-detection/
When the Yocto-Knob device is connected with the samsung tab two is not implemented. These instructions are for your attend.
Please give your kind attention as soon as possible.
@warunasampath: I don't understand your comment, please contact Yoctopuce support.